Deprecated: Function set_magic_quotes_runtime() is deprecated in /usr/www/users/phun/forum/include/common.php on line 58

Warning: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at /usr/www/users/phun/forum/include/common.php:58) in /usr/www/users/phun/forum/header.php on line 31

Warning: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at /usr/www/users/phun/forum/include/common.php:58) in /usr/www/users/phun/forum/header.php on line 32

Warning: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at /usr/www/users/phun/forum/include/common.php:58) in /usr/www/users/phun/forum/header.php on line 33

Warning: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at /usr/www/users/phun/forum/include/common.php:58) in /usr/www/users/phun/forum/header.php on line 34
Phun - 2D physics sandbox - forum / How to play the paratrooper game, the paratrooper game's rules

Phun - 2D physics sandbox - forum

Official Forum

You are not logged in.

• Index
  •  » Tutorials
  •  » How to play the paratrooper game, the paratrooper game's rules

#1 2008-03-30 12:15:59

Phun-Traptions
Seasoned Member
Website

How to play the paratrooper game, the paratrooper game's rules

In the paratrooper v.3 game that I created, the objective is to catch the paratrooper in the car. If he touches the ground you must start over. Then you navigate the car and the paratrooper to the base at the end of the level without him falling out of the car. If he falls out, you must start over. A surprise at the end will tell you if you did it right or not!

If you have any additional questions, post a reply or E-mail me at Ithedrummer96@aol.com.

Here is the download link for the paratrooper v.3 game:

http://www.phunland.com/upload/Paratrooper%20v.3.phn

And here is the download link for the paratrooper v.4 game (it is no different than v.3, I just fixed a couple bugs):

http://www.phunland.com/upload/Paratrooper%20v.4.phn

Thanks! cool

Last edited by Phun-Traptions (2008-03-30 13:23:12)

Ragdolls be tasty.

#2 2008-03-30 13:15:04

sbmdrago

Re: How to play the paratrooper game, the paratrooper game's rules

It's kinda hard I think hmm I can't even get the Paratrooper in the car

EDIT: This time I succeed big_smile

EDIT2: This was really nice, I love the detail with the smiley at the end. And this is a really good challenge game (Or what you should call it ^^) Please make more of this kind big_smile

Last edited by sbmdrago (2008-03-30 13:18:45)

#3 2008-03-30 13:17:17

Phun-Traptions
Seasoned Member
Website

Well, you just gotta sit the car still at first... I recommend downloading the paratrooper v.4 game that I just got done with, it's completely finished. But, hey, it's supposed to be DANG challenging!

Thanks! cool

Ragdolls be tasty.

#4 2008-03-30 13:19:13

sbmdrago

Phun-Traptions wrote:

Well, you just gotta sit the car still at first... I recommend downloading the paratrooper v.4 game that I just got done with, it's completely finished. But, hey, it's supposed to be DANG challenging!

Thanks! cool

Okay downloading now big_smile

EDIT: Cleared V4, by the way, what was the change from v3 to v4?

Last edited by sbmdrago (2008-03-30 13:21:45)

#5 2008-03-30 13:20:30

Phun-Traptions
Seasoned Member
Website

Good luck... it's pretty hard... you gotta try to move the car so that it catches the guy, if he's not already falling directly toward  it...

Thanks! cool

Ragdolls be tasty.

#6 2008-03-30 13:25:52

Phun-Traptions
Seasoned Member
Website

sbmdrago wrote:

EDIT2: This was really nice, I love the detail with the smiley at the end. And this is a really good challenge game (Or what you should call it ^^) Please make more of this kind big_smile

I definitely will, sbmdrago. I definitely will. The only problem is that it takes me about a day for each version of a game, so don't expect another game for a few days... can you give me a suggestion for another game? Sadly, I'm running out of ideas :-(. I have a book called "The New Way Things Work" and I get  A TON of ideas out of that, but many of them are things such as airplanes, jackhammers, and submarines. I'll have to think about an idea if SOMEBODY doesn't give me one SOON!...

Thanks a ton! cool

Last edited by Phun-Traptions (2008-03-30 13:37:46)

Ragdolls be tasty.

#7 2008-03-30 13:48:05

sbmdrago

Phun-Traptions wrote:

sbmdrago wrote:

I definitely will, sbmdrago. I definitely will. The only problem is that it takes me about a day for each version of a game, so don't expect another game for a few days... can you give me a suggestion for another game? Sadly, I'm running out of ideas :-(. I have a book called "The New Way Things Work" and I get  A TON of ideas out of that, but many of them are things such as airplanes, jackhammers, and submarines. I'll have to think about an idea if SOMEBODY doesn't give me one SOON!...

Thanks a ton! cool

Hmmm what about a challenge where you got to drive a car which is made out of "glass" so if you drive to bumpy, it crashes! That would be fun, and maybe a hostage or something hanging on the back of the car

And the map has to be VERY bumpy ;D

Last edited by sbmdrago (2008-03-30 13:48:31)

#8 2008-03-30 14:15:04

Grath
Respected Member

Honestly, it's not too hard, if you get it going at a decent rate (not too fast, not too slow) on the first level part of the map you can just stop paying attention because then you don't need to do anything else.

#9 2008-03-30 15:33:35

Phun-Traptions
Seasoned Member
Website

sbmdrago wrote:

Phun-Traptions wrote:

sbmdrago wrote:

Thanks a ton! cool

Hmmm what about a challenge where you got to drive a car which is made out of "glass" so if you drive to bumpy, it crashes! That would be fun, and maybe a hostage or something hanging on the back of the car

And the map has to be VERY bumpy ;D

Thanks! I have now started working on it! That's actually a GREAT idea! THANKS! cool

Ragdolls be tasty.

#10 2008-03-30 18:04:58

Phun-Traptions
Seasoned Member
Website

YAY! I am finished with Hostage v.1! Thanks sbmdrago! I used your idea, then branched off of it! It's not exactly a glass car, but you still have to be careful not to allow the car to be TOO bumpy... or else the hostage will fall off of the car, making you LOSE! The objectives and rules are below:

1. If the hostage falls off of the car, you must start the sim over.

2. The only objective SO FAR is to navigate the hostage to the big red building at the end without him falling out of the car on the way.   

3. In your travel to the big red building, you will encounter a VERY bumpy road. Be careful!

In the next versions to come (I expect the final version to be done by April 1st), I will extend the road and make it a little more... INTERESTING! Thanks! cool

Here is the link to download v.1:

http://www.phunland.com/upload/Hostage%20v.1.phn

Any suggestions for me to improve?

Post a reply! Thanks again! cool

Here is v.2! The only difference is that now, when you reach the building, there's a surprise... not like the one in the paratrooper game, though... heh heh heh... :-)

http://www.phunland.com/upload/Hostage%20v.2.phn

Thanks again... again? cool

Last edited by Phun-Traptions (2008-03-30 18:45:28)

Ragdolls be tasty.

#11 2008-03-31 11:58:48

sbmdrago

Nice challenge, and it's pretty hard. I can't get over the middle-bump through hmm

#12 2008-03-31 12:15:10

Phun-Traptions
Seasoned Member
Website

sbmdrago wrote:

Nice challenge, and it's pretty hard. I can't get over the middle-bump through hmm

Hmmm... maybe I'll make it a little smaller or something... but I know what you mean. You go up the slope, then fall and hit another bump and the guy flings forward... I know... in my testings I can't even get past that! DANG!

Thanks! cool

P.S. I posted another tutorial! It's how to make parachutes. Check it out. Here's the link:

http://www.phunland.com/forum/viewtopic.php?id=324

Thanks again! cool

Ragdolls be tasty.

#13 2008-03-31 12:23:31

Grath
Respected Member

I managed to get all the way once, the surprise at the end spills out as soon as you start it though.

#14 2008-03-31 16:27:38

Phun-Traptions
Seasoned Member
Website

Yeah, I'm trying to fix that. As a matter of fact, I took away the surprise because it wasn't working right.

Thanks! cool

Ragdolls be tasty.

#15 2008-03-31 17:34:35

Phun-Traptions
Seasoned Member
Website

I HAVE GIVEN UP ON THE HOSTAGE GAME! Oh, well. I think my main thing I will make now is "toys" and challenges.

Thanks for all your help! cool

Ragdolls be tasty.

#16 2008-05-28 12:17:09

ScipioDestroyerOfCarthage

What if you tried some sort Pit Fall like game but using a car instead. You could have ramps with water or spikes between the gaps and maybe falling obstacles of some sort...I think that would be fun. big_smile

#17 2008-07-15 20:03:56

ace
Seasoned Member

all i have to say is OMG FLYING CAR!!!

http://i35.tinypic.com/20s61br.jpg

• Index
  •  » Tutorials
  •  » How to play the paratrooper game, the paratrooper game's rules

Board footer